Monday, December 26, 2011

the foot strap project

For some time now, I have been working on getting into the footstraps which will make windsurfing much more fun. This has required deconstruction of my old habits and reconstruction of my stance. Plus integrating all of the good advice and encouragment from those who have been there before me. So, I am happy to report that I am offically sailing in both straps on the way out to sea and working on hanging in the harness to prepare for the front foot strap on the way back.

On Christmas Day, the wind came up early. I was first on the water and the wind whomped up and then I was somewhat overpowered. I switched my gear sizes down and practicing the technique of being in the straps and planing faster until I was going as fast as I thought I could possibly go.

As I practised and more sailors came out, I heard a "Merrrrrry Christmas" behind me and then Santa gybed right before my eyes! In the footstraps and sailing 5.0 with Santa as he turned towards the beach to greet the eagerly awaiting kids and their families. A pretty good day on the water!


Michael had a great small gear session today. In fact, the sailing this year has been excellent thanks to the effect of extended La Nina period on the local climate.

1 comment:

  1. ho ho ho, how about those footstraps! you go girl! well done. can't wait to sail with you again one day.

    prospero ano and happy sailing

    xxxooo

    ReplyDelete