Sunday, January 30, 2011

capitana de la pared

It's not just all fun and games here in Baja.

Michael and I have volunteer jobs at the Vela windsurfing venue. On Saturdays and Mondays, I am one of 4 volunteer wall captains at the Vela windsurfing venue. Michael guides the guests through a morning stretch on Fridays and Saturdays. The wall captain duties include keeping track of the boards and sails that the guests take out to sail on the white board and on paper, observing their progress on the water and checking the equipment back in. We also organize rescues and check for damages.

I get a two hour break and this gives me time to relax or go sailing. This picture was taken during my first really busy day. We get perks such as storage of our gear and a place to rinse all that salt water and sand off. And of course, Vela is a great place to hang out because there's a whole bunch of people there who love to sail.

No comments:

Post a Comment